Most people are aware of the relaxing and therapeutic benefits that come from traditional steamy saunas, but fewer people know about the benefits and healing power that come from using an infrared sauna. Instead of using hot coals to create an intense and often uncomfortable heat, infrared saunas use a specific form of infrared light to create a less intense heat that is able to penetrate deeper into the skin for detoxification. Not only do infrared saunas provide the same benefits as a traditional sauna with significantly lower temperatures, but infrared light has a variety of additional benefits for the skin and body similar to sunlight.
It’s a known fact that being outside and in the sun is good for physical and mental health, however, too much unprotected sun exposure leads to problems ranging from sun burns to skin cancer. This is because the sun’s heat comes from a wide variety of radiation including harmful UV rays which sunscreen protects us from and beneficial Infrared light which infrared saunas utilize.
Benefits from Infrared Saunas:
- Detoxification – The sweating from the infrared saunas is one of the best natural ways to detoxify. The light from infrared saunas penetrates deep in the skin to remove deep seated toxins including heavy metals such as mercury and lead.
- Weight Loss – Infrared saunas cause sweating and an increased heart rate which simulates exercise. Infrared saunas also ease joint and muscle pain making it easier to recover from an injury or a tough work out and get back in the gym.
- Stress and Fatigue – The warmth and relaxation from infrared saunas are a great way to de-stress and recharge for the next week.
- Joint Pain and Stiffness – Infrared Saunas can help reduce or alleviate temporary or chronic pain and inflammation of all kinds and has been shown effective at reducing symptoms in patients with fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, and peripheral arterial disease.
- Skin Health including relief from Acne – Infrared saunas provide a wonderful cleansing for the skin and can even significantly reduce or eliminate signs of acne.
- Wound Healing – Infrared saunas can help boost the body’s natural healing process in recovering from wounds such as small cuts, scrapes, or other minor skin injuries.
- What is Red Light Therapy? – https://www.oglf.org/what-is-red-light-therapy/
- Infrared Sauna for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome – https://universityhealthnews.com/daily/energy/new-study-shows-infrared-sauna-benefits-patients-with-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/
- 14 Benefits of Infrared Therapy – https://www.infrared-light-therapy.com/infrared-therapy-health-benefits/