Written by David Butler and Dr. Catherine Onuoha
One topic in vogue lately is energy; every day we are bombarded by energy from many divergent sources. In fact, everything on and beyond our planet is made of the common element energy. At its core, energy is information in movement. The information in energy is comprised of codes/frequencies which oscillate through the air to create constant vibration. These vibrations create patterns, the greatest of which is the Schumann Resonant frequency pattern. Most scholars would concede our sun is the most important energy source, but lightning and industrialization heat can also affect our planets electromagnetic field. That is problematic because the earth’s electromagnetic field keeps plant and animal beings in balance—which supports life.
Not all forms of energy are good for us. For example, the sun produces harmful ultraviolet rays with deleterious effects for those overexposed to the sun (e.g., severe burns, cancers). The earth’s magnetic field has been weakening in recent years, according to data collected by a European Space Agency (ESA) satellite array called Swarm1. Research shows a contribution to both ionosphere and magnetosphere changes from artificial energy produced from modern technologies, especially cell phones, smart meters, and cell phone towers. More concerning still—environmental experts are predicting that electrosmog-induced energy changes create significant health risks for humankind. Specifically, health risks ensuing from EMF radiation. The infographic below highlights the main producers of EMF radiation and some easy ways to limit your exposure. The greatest concern over EMF radiation is how quickly the technology has progressed and how dependent we have become to our phones in particular.
The Always Expanding Wireless Industry
Over the past few decades the cell phone industry has been growing at an alarming rate. Due to this rapid expansion scientists assessing EMF safety and lawmakers setting regulatory policies have been unable to keep up. Since the 1970’s cell phone networks have evolved from the initial 1G to today’s 4GLTE and with each new network, the faster and more reliable service comes at the price of an increased exposure to EMF radiation. Although there is still much we don’t know about the health concerns coming from 4G networks which were introduced nearly a decade ago, the new 5G network is set to debut later this year. The main concern with the new 5G network is that it will be established through satellites in space which means that EMF radiation will be even more abundant and virtually impossible to escape from2. While there are many scientists that are wary about the dangers that this new network could pose, that won’t stop telecommunication companies from rolling out this virtually untested 5G network.
EMF Radiation: Killing Insects and Slowing Reproduction
One unforeseen consequence of the abundance of cell towers which is now starting to come to light is the effect they have on our planet’s insects. In the past two decades in the US alone the population of monarch butterflies has dropped roughly 90% and bumblebees have gone down 87%. What’s even more concerning is that these are two of the most studied types of insects and there are thousands of other species which are very likely suffering similar rates of decline without being reported. While this staggering loss of insects may not be noticeable on a day to day basis, insects are a vital part of our ecosystem and losing them could lead to disastrous results3. Another growing concern with EMF radiation is the possible negative effects it could have on human and animal reproduction.
In a 2018 study on the effects of prolonged exposure to the current 4G-LTE cell signal it was found that the longer that rats were exposed to cell phones in a day the lower their sperm count was at the end of the study5. These findings also correlate with additional research that showed a strong link between infertility clinic patients and their cell phone usage6. In addition to low sperm count, another study found that sperm mobility and quality was severely reduced after 5 hours of cell phone exposure.
While it may be too early to draw any conclusions at the moment, the health concern over EMF radiation has many similarities to cigarette smoking in the 1920’s. Like cell phones, the adverse health effects of cigarettes were not heavily researched at the time allowing cigarette companies to produce false or misleading advertisements such as the one below with a doctor endorsing you smoke Camel cigarettes.
With smoking, it took decades before the dire health implications such as COPD and lung cancer were fully confirmed, but by that point many people had been smoking their whole life. Are you going to wait until EMF radiation is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to harm the body or do you want to be proactive in protecting yourself against this unavoidable and growing hazard?
If you do want to be proactive in limiting your exposure to EMF fields are a few quick tips:
- Use earbuds or speakerphone for calls when possible – Proximity to your phone makes a significant difference in the amount of EMF you are exposed so it is best to reduce the amount of time you are holding your phone near to your head.
- Don’t keep your phone in your pockets or bra all day long – Just like the head, the groin and breasts are sensitive areas of the body and repeated exposure to harmful EMF’s could cause cancer to develop in these areas.
- Try grounding everyday – Grounding or Earthing refers to walking barefoot outside. A growing body of research is finding that there are a number of health benefits from just 5 minutes a day of walking on sand, grass, or dirt. A large part of these benefits are due to the fact that grounding removes much of the ambient or leftover EMF fields that our bodies may have accumulated through the day6.
- Finally, for ultimate EMF protection we recommend equipping yourself with the Aires™ Technology line of EMF protection devices – Aires™ offers EMF Radiation shields that clip on to your phone or laptop as well as personal shields that create a 6 or 8 foot radius of EMF protection. The device shield is called the Aires Shield Pro and the personal shields come in the 6-foot radius Defender or the 8-foot radius Guardian. The personal shields are especially useful for families as whoever is directly next to the person wearing the device is also protected. See the image files below for Aires™ Technology products and coordinated prices. If you order through us at the Natural Medicine Center of Lakeland we can offer 10% off on either product.
Aires Guardian – $290 suggested retail; $260 through Natural Medicine Center
Aires Shield Pro – $55.00 suggested retail; $ 49.50 through Natural Medicine Center
Video on EMF Radiation
1. Hays B. (2014)“European Space Agency says magnetic north is drifting southward” UPI NewsTrack (Consumer Health Complete; article published 06/23/2014).
- The Dangers of 5G – https://es-ireland.com/5g-5th-generation-greater-dangers/
- Research showing the effects that EMF fields have on animals, birds, insects, and plants – https://www.powerwatch.org.uk/library/downloads/rf-emfs-6-animals-2018-11.pdf
- Study on the Impact of Cellphones on Sperm Quality –https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4074720/pdf/CEJU-67-00332.pdf
5. El-Hamd MA, Aboeldahab S. Cell phone and male infertility: An update. J Integr Nephrol Androl, 2018. Available from: http://www.journal-ina.com/text.asp?2018/5/1/1/228497
- More Information on Grounding – https://www.groundology.co.uk/about-grounding